2016 Student Summer Camp
June 27th- July 1st | Silver Lake Camp
We are so pumped for our second annual summer camp joining with hundreds of middle and high school students from all over the northwest.
Silver Lake Camp
June 27th- July 1st| Silver Lake Camp
Here are all the details
We will be making the trip across the state on Monday, June 27th. We will be meeting Thad’s house (7412 225th Ave. Ct E Buckley, WA 98321) and departing at 8am, so be there around 7:40 so we can get situated.
We will be leaving the camp around 11am on Friday, July 1st. We will be calling and notifying all parents as soon as we are about an hour away from Bonney Lake. We will again be meeting at Thad’s house.
Thad & Dana Huff's Home
In case you are wondering, your leaders for camp will be Open Life’s very own Mandy Leppanen, Jon Parker, and others.
What to Expect
Each student will have the opportunity to have fun and grow in Jesus. In order to make this event run smooth and be successful, it is necessary for students to be responsive and respectful to all staff both from our church and the others present at the camp.
What to Bring
- Bible (remember you won’t have your digital bible)
- Great attitude
- Enough clothes to last a week
- Sleeping bag/Pillow
- Swimsuits. no two piece or speedos (that’s why Thad’s not coming).
- Toiletries (shampoo, soap, DEODORANT, etc.)
- Sandals, flip flops, towels
- Sunscreen! We don’t want gnarly sunburns.
- Extra $ for food. There is a snack shack, so bring some $ for that if you want. Also, we will be eating a meal on the way to and from camp.
*Please do not overpack! Luggage space is very limited*
What to Leave at Home
- Cell phones. We want an environment free from distraction, and if your child loses/breaks their device, it’ll ruin their week.
- Electronics (iPods, iPads, Galaxy Tablets, etc.) Digital cameras are ok (who still uses these?)!
- Bad attitudes
- Drugs/Alcohol (Tobacco product, e-cigs, liquor, etc.)
- Weapons (pocket knives, firearms, throwing stars, AR-15, etc.)
- Immodest clothing. Nothing that’ll get you in trouble at school.
Frequently Asked Questions
My child takes medication. Who handles it for the week?
There will be a camp nurse! Medication will be turned in at the beginning of camp and returned at the conclusion of camp. The medication will be given to the students as prescribed on the bottle.
What if I need to contact my child?
It’s prefered that a child be contacted only in the case of an emergency, but Jon Parker’s info will be made available. Each staff will have a phone as well.
What’s always fun is that there is camper mail available! If you want to send your child a care package or a love note, you have a way!
CAMPER MAIL/”CAMPER NAME”
c/o Silver Lake Camp
P.O. Box 430
Medical Lake, Wa 99022
If you have any questions, feel free to contact Jon Parker!
OpenLife.Church | Youth Pastor